LIFE HACKS FOR HOUNDS & HOO-MANS
This fabulous and fun colour-in booklet is perfect for canine-crazy kids! The 13-page booklet outlines important dog care information with helpful illustrations that children can colour in.
Year Level: Suitable for all ages
Learning area: Science
General capabilities: Critical and creative thinking; personal and social capability
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
This 13-page printable booklet outlines important dog care information, teaching children about responsible dog guardianship and the various responsibilities involved.
Your child will:
- learn about caring for a puppy
- understand the importance of walking, bathing and cleaning up after their dog
- learn some basic information about dog health, safety and first aid
- learn how to safely travel with a dog and search for a lost dog
- understand separation anxiety in dogs.
Curriculum codes (Years K–2)
- ACSSU002: Living things have basic needs, including food and water (identifying the needs of humans and animals, such as warmth, food and water, using students’ own experiences)
- ACSSU211: Living things live in different places where their needs are met
- ACSSU030: Living things grow, change and have offspring similar to themselves (recognising that living things have predictable characteristics at different stages of development)